Do men and women experience the same changes with heart disease?
- Studies show men and women experience different changes. Men tend to have hearts that get heavier, as women tend to have hearts that shrink.
- On average, more women die each year of heart disease than men.
- The most frequent sign of a heart attack is chest pain, which many women don’t always experience.
- Risk factors for heart disease:
High Blood Pressure
Mental Stress & Depression
Lack of Physical Exercise
- For Women: low levels of estrogen after menopause & Pregnancy Complications
Awareness is the first step to prevention!
Lastly, it’s important to eat a heart healthy diet, and exercise regularly to keep the heart pumping!